Ontario, CA – Utah and Idaho churches have an incredible opportunity to provide top quality training to their volunteers from leading experts in the field of Bible Teaching and Leading. Our “seminary in the west” is hosting their Annual Bible Teaching Conference at Gateway Seminary’s Ontario, CA campus. A Bible Teaching Conference! Shaping Lives is our theme this year. The conference is hosted by Dr. Paul Kelly and our Educational Leadership Department. Attendees can participate in person or use the online option for those who can’t come in person. Either way you will be blessed. The conference is designed to help Bible study teachers and leaders in the local church. There are breakouts for teachers who teach at every age level, plus some biblical knowledge breakouts.
Gateway now has 50 prerecorded breakouts from previous year’s events, so individuals and churches can continue to use the website link to watch the main sessions and prerecorded breakouts during future church gatherings, staff meetings, and teacher training events from January 28-December 31, 2024. That is one full year of training access for you to use in your local church or association.
Gateway is currently registering individual churches and associations serving 40 churches or less (which all Utah and Idaho churches/associations would qualify). Individuals can also register for in-person and the online option, but it can be a great associational event to rally together with other churches in your area.
Contact Ann Iorg at Gateway Seminary if you have any questions. Her email is AnnIorg@gs.edu
Bible Teaching Conference: Shaping Lives
Sat. January 27, 2024, 9am-1pm
In Person, and/or Online Registration is on the EventBrite Site
In Person Event Pricing
- $20 Gateway Student (includes Salt Lake School of Theology or On Campus)
- $40 Non-Gateway student individual
- $250 Church Registration for in person group access
Online Only Event Pricing
- $20 Individual
- $100 Church Registration
- $100 Local Association of Churches (40 churches or less)
Register your church today for Gateway’s annual Bible teaching conference. This one-day conference provides encouragement and training for anyone who teaches a Bible study or small group as well as special training for those who teach specific age groups. Teachers of every skill level will find challenging sessions designed to take them to the next level.
This year’s keynote speaker is Dr. Octavio Esqueda, professor of Christian higher education and director of the Ph.D. and Ed.D. programs at Talbot School of Theology at Biola University. He was born and raised in Guadalajara, México. Esqueda graduated with honors with a Licenciatura in Latin American literature from the University of Guadalajara and two additional diplomas, one in religion and society and the second in journalism. He graduated with honors from Dallas Theological Seminary and completed his Ph.D. in higher education at the University of North Texas. Esqueda has several publications on theological education and Christian higher education, practical theology, and literature. Teaching is his passion, and he has had the opportunity to teach in several countries on different academic levels. He is an avid soccer fan.
Attendees will also have access to the library of previously recorded sessions from past conferences!
Translations of main sessions to Spanish, Korean, and Mandarin will be available through conference call (participants must bring their own devices and headphones).
- 8:00 a.m. | Registration Opens
- 9:00 a.m. | Main Session with Octavio Esqueda
- 10:00 a.m. | Break
- 10:10 a.m. | Breakout Sessions
- 11:00 a.m. | Break
- 11:10 a.m. | Breakout Sessions
- 12:00 p.m. | Break
- 12:15 p.m. | Main Session with Octavio Esqueda
- 1:00 p.m. | Dismiss
Options for Participation:
Gateway Student Individual Ticket $20
Gateway students have access to in-person sessions during the conference and to the library of previously recorded sessions from past conferences. Recorded sessions are for personal use only and may not be shared.
Individual Ticket $40
Individuals have access to in-person sessions during the conference and to the library of previously recorded sessions from past conferences. Recorded sessions are for personal use only and may not be shared.
Online Only Individual Ticket $20
Individuals have access to livestream sessions and to the library of previously recorded sessions from past conferences. Recorded sessions are for personal use only and may not be shared.
Church Registration $250
With a single Church Registration ticket, you can bring your church’s teachers to Gateway’s campus in Ontario, California, for in-person sessions. You will also be able to access the library of previously recorded sessions from past conferences.
Online Only Church Registration $100
With a single Online Only Church Registration ticket, you can access livestream sessions and to the library of previously recorded sessions from past conferences.
Online Only Small Association Registration $100
With a single Online Only Small Association Registration ticket, you can access livestream sessions and to the library of previously recorded sessions from past conferences for any church in your association of 40 churches or less.
Tickets are non-refundable but are transferable.
10:10 a.m. Sessions
- Sharon Bennett | Guiding Children’s Behavior
- Paul Kelly | Teaching Youth
- Kristen Ferguson | Leading a Bible Study in the Digital Age
- David Rathel | How to Interpret the Bible
- Gregg Watson | Understanding the Book of Ruth
- Philip O Hopkins | Teaching Cross-Culturally
- Benny Wong | Using Psalms 119 to Shape Lives (in Mandarin)
- Kon Yang | “Hesed” in Action in the Book of Ruth (in Korean)
- Jesse Harris | Advance Training
- Landry Holmes | Lifeway Ministry Grid Curriculum
- Jeff Iorg | Developing Teachers for Your Church
- Octavio Esqueda | TBA (in Spanish)
11:10 a.m. Sessions
- Ann Iorg | Teaching Preschoolers
- Paul Kelly | Shaping Lives Through Teaching
- Kristen Ferguson | Creative Bible Teaching Strategies
- Bruce Hitchcock | Teaching Senior Adults
- John Taylor | Keys to Understanding Ephesians
- Benny Wong | How Does Gateway Seminary Assist Chinese Church to Shape Lives? (in Mandarin)
- Kon Yang | Jonah: Closing the Gap Between Faith Confession and Action (in Korean)
- Dwayne Ulmer | Shaping Teachers and Leaders
- Warren Haynes | Advance Training
- Jeff Iorg | Connecting the Bible to Everyday Life
- Landry Holmes | Lifeway Ministry Grid Training